VENUES: PICKING THE ONE FOR YOU
Picking the right venue for your wedding requires a lot of thought. The first question is "What type of wedding do you want? Rustic, Country, Traditional, Elegant, Vintage Chic? When you decide on the type of wedding. it will help narrow down your choices for venue.
Considerations when selecting a venue:
- If any portion of the wedding is outside, does the venue offer an inside alternative in case of inclement weather? If it rains the day before your wedding or the morning of your wedding, how will your wedding location look? Will it be muddy? Will guests have to walk in wet grass?
- Does anyone in your wedding party or family have difficulty in walking? This is a big factor in a beach wedding. Also, if anyone is in a wheelchair, it is good to check where they can place their chair.
- Have you made plans for unwanted visitors such as: gnats, mosquitos, ants, other animals? Does the venue take care of this or will you need to?
- Do you like the way the venue is decorated? Some brides like the location of the venue, but decide they want to redecorate or "add their touches" to change the look. Remember: you are renting the venue. It is important to ask if you are allowed to add or remove any decorations. The venue has taken a lot of time to get their venue the way they want it to look. Some will not allow any changes, so be sure you like it. Some examples are: (1) Houses of Worship - during Easter and Christmas they will not allow any decorations to be removed; (2) Barns - they may use the barn for personal occasions so they like their deer heads and antique farm equipment to stay.
- Will the venue be able to accommodate all your guests and activities you plan to have at your wedding?
These are just a few of the things to consider when choosing your wedding venue. A wedding planner is trained to look at a venue to make sure a venue will work for a wedding. Even though the venue may be the same, it is different for each wedding due to the needs of the bride. Contact Graceful Beginnings at www.graceful-beginnings.com to help you plan your wedding and select your venue.