HOW WILL I KNOW MY DRESS IS THE ONE?
I remember when my daughter and I went shopping for her wedding gown. We were enjoying the day and she was trying on dress after dress. She had tried on about four dresses and she found one she absolutely loved! Then it happened. She got this panicked look on your face and said, "I really love this dress, but what if it's not the one?" "What if I buy it and then I find another I like better?"
All brides experience this fear. I found this article from Wedding Wire. They asked several bridal salon owners their Expert Advice: Ways You'll Know Your Dress Is The One.
When it comes to finding the perfect gown you may get overwhelmed by all the options. Whether you are looking for that gorgeous tulle ballgown, or something fresh with lots of illusion lace, it can be tricky to find the dress you dreamed about. So, we decided to ask the pros for help! Check out what these bridal salons from around the globe had to say about finding "the dress."
- "It is actually very simple...when a bride has put on the gown that she will wear to change her life, it is her face that changes! She is suddenly relaxed and happy! Normally there is a smile on her lips and a twinkle in her eye. Most often it is very subtle, but the small change is there. A lot of brides also get very quiet knowing that this is it!"— Laurel Mungo of Mon Amie Bridal Salonin Costa Mesa, CA
- "I always tell my brides that they should LOVE their dress like they love their future partner You want it to give you that butterfly feeling. You can put on 100 or more dresses and LIKE them all but you will only LOVE one! Another thing thats fun for brides that say they have tried on so many they feel like they will never find the ONE perfect dress, I just tell them you have to kiss a bunch of frogs to find your prince so it works the same with wedding dresses. It is the most important purchase they will make and if they get that butterfly feeling, they can trust their gut knowing they have found it!" — Ashley Kimbrel of All the Rage featuring Studio I Do in Virginia Beach, VA
- "Every bride reacts differently when the find the perfect gown. Some of our brides have cried, danced, and/or walked around our store pretending she is walking down the aisle. From my point of view, a bride knows when the dress is "the one" when she walks out the fitting room and everyone along with the bride has the biggest smile on their face. The bride and her guests all agree that "the one" complements her figure and fits her personality. A veil and accessories are added to give her a visual wedding look. Once this happens, she will stay in the gown for a while and walk around the store in the dress." — Nikki Vu of Blush Formal & Bridal Salon in Baton Rouge LA
- “The way you’ll know you’ve found the perfect dress is that you will actually fall in love with the dress itself. Your body language will change and you will have a wave of emotion come over you. Most of the time I will see brides constantly touching the dress, even before they put it on! That is when I know to give her family a heads up that the dress may be a keeper. Also, a lot of the time, the bride won’t need to try on another gown once they have this feeling towards their dress. I will usually let them try on a veil and once they see the whole picture put together, that is when the tears start to flow. So, I always make sure I have tissues available!” — Laurel Stokey of Lavender Bridal Salon in Dover, OH
- “There will be a glimmer in their eye and the way they move around the room will be totally different. That is when I know that they’ve found “the dress.” With most cases, it is an immediate reaction that is validated when they go out into the room to show their loved ones. So, I find it helpful to send an email out prior to their first appointment. Making sure they only invite people that are important in their life. This way unwanted opinions won’t ruin the moment of finding the perfect gown.” — Kimberly Harris of Dior Bridal Salon in Dearborn, Michigan
Photo by Butler Studio, St. Florian, AL