Here it is! The top 5 most popular flowers used in weddings according to The Knot.
5. Peonies – the peony has a large, full head, strong perfume, and bright color. But despite its outward showiness, the flower means “bashfulness”. This expensive bloom is seasonally available from late spring to early summer.
4. Ranunculus – looking for a cost-effective alternative to roses or peonies? Try the lush, multi-petaled ranunculus, a relative of the buttercup. To carry this flower isto tell your partner, “I am dazzled by your charms.”
3. Stephanotis means “marital happiness”. It is moderately priced and available year-round. If not used as a full bouquet, it is sometimes used as filler in a bouquet.
2. Sweet Peas – the flower signifies “lasting pleasure”. It has a candy-like scent and ruffled blossoms.
And last but not least. Drumroll, please...
1. The Rose (are we surprised). The rose is considered a symbol of beauty and love, this is the most commonly requested flowers. With more than 3,000 varieties, it is available year-round, affordable and comes in a variety of colors.