A Wedding from the other side (A Man’s View): I asked, NOW WHAT?
Once the guy asks her to be his bride and the answer is YES, the race to the finish begins. You have just kicked off something that lies between "Survivor "and "The Amazing Race". You will get to enjoy that first few weeks of “oohs" and "aahs”, then the Bride and her Wedding Planner, friends and relatives start putting together the wedding. For a lot of guys this is a period of time where she always has something to do and you don’t. Well not entirely true. Let’s look at some of the things you can be involved in and help ease her tension and make for a partnership wedding:
1. Food selection: This is a great time for you to give your input for how things taste. I may not know everything about food, but I do know what tastes good and what doesn’t.
2. Your cake: Let the groom’s cake makes a statement about what you enjoy: cars, golf, fishing, sports team or whatever it may be. Remember, it’s your cake, so get your favorite flavor. If you don’t like cakes then use pies, donuts or even Twinkies.
3. Plan the Honeymoon: Believe me she has more to do than you can imagine, so take this task on and you have a great opportunity to make this as special as the wedding. Don’t forget a resort can take most of your worries away.
4. If you CAN, you may be able to help with an item she wants, but her budget can’t handle. A carriage ride, a limo, a piece of jewelry, or something as simple as the announcement in the paper.
5. Finally, YOU CARE. Let your bride know that you are interested in the type of flowers, the colors being used, the decorations for the reception, the type tuxedo you will be wearing, and any other small, but important details.
So help where you can. Be available. Remember it is YOUR wedding plans, not just her wedding plans.