MAID OF HONOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Being selected as a Maid or Matron of Honor is a respected position. The bride feels you are the person she wants by her side and feels you can help her with wedding responsibilities. I have noticed in recent years that most Maids or Matrons of Honor just stand around and wait for someone to tell them what to do. There are duties that come with this honored title.
- Most of the time you will be the person who will go with the bride to select her gown, the bridesmaid dresses and other major decisions. The bride values your opinion and you can give it gently, but the final decision is the bride's and you should respect it.
- Plan the bachelorette party, but honor the bride's wishes. If she doesn't want a big party, come up with another plan.
- Lead the bridal party by making sure everyone knows each other, help the bridesmaids with any questions, keep them informed of decisions that include them.
- Give a toast at the reception or rehearsal dinner, if asked.
- Make sure the bride eats and drinks on her wedding day.
- Be her support system. Help her with her dress and bouquet throughout the day, particularly during pictures.
There are other responsibilities that may need to be done, if there is not a wedding planner.
- Compile a Bridal Emergency Kit
- Answer any questions of guests
- Make sure the bridal dressing area is clean after the wedding
- Take care of gifts
- Travel with the bride to visit with wedding vendors