Wedding Wire recently posted their 2015 Hot Wedding Trends. Here is a brief recap of their list.
- Greenery: From table runners to decorative wreaths, garlands, and more. It’s versatile, and provides an Old World look that’s so chic right now. In this same vein, animal topiaries to become a hot decor item in the New Year.
- Miniature Wedding Cakes: Instead of, or in addition to, featuring a multi-tiered wedding cake, couples are also serving several smaller cakes to offer a wide variety of flavors.
- Laser-Cut Invitations: The intricate patterns on these paper goods provide such visual interest – and depending on the style and color scheme, they can be used for a variety of wedding styles.
- Modern Calligraphy: Love the look of handwritten calligraphy, whether it’s addressing envelopes or on the actual invitation itself. A variety of modern styles that still feel elegant and sophisticated, but have an added sense of fun and whimsy.
- Rose Gold Jewelry: Lauren Conrad’s engagement ring and wedding band are to blame for starting this trend.
- Daring Wedding Dresses: Skin is in! At New York Bridal Fashion Week this October, jaws were dropping assexy gowsn sashayed down the runway.
- Blue Men’s Attire: While the classic black tuxedo will never go out of style (and gray and khaki suits are also wedding staples), blue is the new hot color for men’s attire.
- Copper: While the Pantone color of the year was recently announced to be Marsala, the buzz in the industry is that copper is the color for wedding palettes in 2015.
- Astilbe: This feather-like flower is expected to be see more in 2015. It can be used solo or as an accent in bouquets, and comes in a variety of hues – deep red, light purple, pink, and white.
- (Temporary!) Tattoo Favors: Sure, it’s a little edgy but temporary tattoos, customized with the couple’s names and wedding date, are the new hot wedding favor. They’re definitely for the more modern couple at a more low-key wedding, but they sure are fun!
- Marquee Lights: What a bright idea! Whether they’re spelling out words like “Love” or the couple’s names, these vintage-style marquee lights are popping up all over reception décor.
- Keeping Guests Informed Via Apps: Having a wedding website is a given nowadays, but couples are going one step further by connecting their wedding websites with an app (like WedSocial) to provide their guests with information and photo-sharing capabilities while on the go!
- Sparkly Brooches and Barrettes: Another trend “borrowed” from Lauren Conrad’s wedding. Fastening the veil with a glittering brooch or barrette in front is a vintage-glam look.
- Loose and Romantic Updos: Bridal updos are becoming less structured, for a loose and romantic look. Sideswept updos are the hairstyle of the moment.
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran: This tune is our pick for the top first dance song for 2015.